Sunday, October 11, 2009

starting a blog ...

So they finally convinced me to start blogging.

I guess I'll keep myself to the subject at hand: reflecting on international cultural policy, from a swedish perspective. I've been following the development of European cultural policy through the last few years, as vice president of Culture Action Europe and as a member of the Steering Group for the Platform for Intercultural Europe. Together with IETM - the network for European performing arts - these organisations have been my schools. The broad and inspiring competence that exists in the cultural sector throughout Europe (and not just EU member states!) needs to be distilled and returned to our local, regional and national levels.

So - my blog will NOT be about what I ate for dinner or what famous people I met. I won't touch upon fashion or private scandals or personal attacks.

I will re-flect as honestly as I can about changes in the mood and matter of cultural politics, both nationally and trans-nationally. I will certainly expose idiocy and praise courage when it comes to putting the cultural factor into any future vision of our society.

I will write a couple of times a week and I welcome reactions from anyone.

I hope that in this way I can make a bit more vibrant the assumed gray image of European cultural policymaking and at the same time clarify in simple language the major issues we are facing when transforming Eurocracy into a European Cultural Project.

Join me when you can.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment